If joinery is what you need, then RPR Group is the right company to go to. We have expert knowledge in joinery and we are one of the best joinery companies in London. RPR Group provides quality joinery services that will surely meet your expectations, and satisfy your joinery needs.
What is Joinery?
Joinery is a process in woodworking wherein two or more pieces of wood are joint together through joints which may be through various materials and techniques. There are many different kinds of joints, each best for its own purpose. Some of the most common joints are the following
- Birdsmouth joints/ Bird’s Beak Cut – usually for roof construction, a v-shaped cut is made to connect to another material.
- Bridle joints/ Open tenon/ Open mortise and tenon joint/ Tongue and Fork joints – the end of one wood has a through mortise, while the end of the other wood has a through tenon
- Butt joints – butting together two pieces of wood
- Cross Lap – each wood has slots wherein the slots would serve as the connection on the pieces of wood.to be joined together
- Dado joints/ Housing Joints/ Trench Joints – setting a piece of wood in a slot that has been cut in the grain of another wood.
- Dovetail joints – a type of box joint with fingers that have diagonal cuts.
- Dowel joints – butting together the ends of two piece of wood with dowel pins.
- Finger joints/ Box joints – a corner joint that makes use of interlocking fingers
- Groove joints – a dado joint but he slot is cut with the grain instead of across the grain.
- Lap joints – laying over and connecting the ends of 2 pieces of wood.
- Mitre joints – butting together the ends of two pieces of wood where each end has been beveled to a usually 45-degree angle.
- Mortise and tenon joints – a hole (mortise) is cut in one wood, while a stub (tenon) is made on another wood, but
- Splice Joints – splicing the ends of each wood and they would be connected where each groove
- Tongue and groove joints – each wood has a tongue or ridge in one end, and a groove in the other end
There are also a number of special joints that can be used such as:
- Biscuit joints – crescent-shaped holes in both wood pieces are connected with a biscuit-shaped
- Pocket-hole joints – a screw is used but is out of sight
- Stitch and Glue joints – copper wire is usually used to stitch two wood pieces together
We from RPR group have vast knowledge on various joints, and have the materials and equipment needed in order to produce the best joinery results you can ever get.
The importance of Joinery
If you are working with various wooden materials, then joinery is vital. It is best to know the most appropriate joint to be able to promote strength. It is best to understand that each joint is best for a specific purpose. RPR group is well-versed in working with different kinds of joints, and would be able to recommend the best joint for your specific need, and we can do them neatly and strongly.
For big projects such as residential and commercial projects, mastery in joinery is very essential. Accuracy in measurements is critical, and precision in every action is crucial. These bigger projects would need good joinery skills for doors, tables, stairs, shelves, windows, and more.
London’s Top Joinery Contractor
Our skills and knowledge in various joinery materials and techniques makes us the wise choice for a joinery service provider. We are experts in the craft of woodworking, and can provide you with some of the best results out there. So if you are in need for joinery services, RPR group is the best joinery partner for you. Just give us a call and we will definitely be of great joinery service for you!
If joinery service is what you need, then RPR is the right company to reach out to. We shall make sure that you receive the correct joinery services provided, and strengthen the benefits of a wonderfully-done joinery assignment. Always remember that for all your joinery requirements, RPR group is always ready to serve with quality and consistency. We are one of London’s top joinery partner!